How to make a video call on Nokia Lumia 1020
All the news on Nokia Lumia 1020 in our articles.
How to make a video call on Nokia Lumia 1020
Making a video call is handy in many cases! You can take a job interview in case of physical hindrance.
You can call your parents or grandparents and make sure that they see you, your children, your pets, your new decor… Or you can show a concert to your better half or your friends who could not come with you! You do not know how to do it ? We are here to help you. Here is how to make a video call on Nokia Lumia 1020.
With your Nokia Lumia 1020
You can make a video call directly with the features of your Nokia Lumia 1020. But for this, you have to activate the mobile data and make sure that your interlocutor does it too. In addition, some devices may not be compatible.
If this is the case, go to the following paragraphs to use a third-party application.
To make a video call with the features of your Nokia Lumia 1020, select the “Phone” application.
Our other articles on Nokia Lumia 1020 can help you.
Enter the phone number you want to call and press the “Video call” icon.
This icon is green with a character image and a phone.
And that’s it.
You can also do this via the “Contact” menu by selecting the contact and pressing the “Video call” icon.
Or from a text message conversation by pressing the “Call” icon and then “Video Call”.
However, devices may not be compatible to make a video call directly with the Nokia Lumia 1020’s features.
In this case, you need a third-party application.
With Facebook Messenger on your Nokia Lumia 1020
Facebook Messenger was originally the instant messaging feature of Facebook. Since then, it has become an application in itself, with its own functionality like group conversation, event organization, file sharing, and video calls! To make a video call with Messenger on your Nokia Lumia 1020, you must first have Internet via Wi-Fi or mobile data, download the application and have a Facebook account.
Once this is done, and you have added people you want to call on Facebook, open the Messenger application.
From there, select the “Phone” icon from the bottom menu and touch the “Camera” icon next to the person you want to reach. Good call!
With WhatsApp on your Nokia Lumia 1020
WhatsApp is another instant messaging application that works via the internet.
To make a video call with WhatsApp on your Nokia Lumia 1020, it’s easy.
Download the app, connect to the internet, and add contacts.
Select the contact you want to call. And finally, select the “Video call” key.
There you go !
With Skype on your Nokia Lumia 1020
Skype is a messaging application that is specialized in classic calling, video calling, and video conferencing.
It is available on mobile and computer! To make a video call with Skype on your Nokia Lumia 1020, you need to download the app, connect to the internet, and add contacts.
Select the contact you want to call. And tap the “Camera” icon.
You can extend this call to a group by pressing the “+” icon and selecting more contacts.
You can at any time choose to mute the microphone or video if it is more convenient at some point.
We’ve just seen how to make a video call on Nokia Lumia 1020. This is a fairly simple manipulation, but if you encounter any problem, do not hesitate to ask a friend who knows this technology.
How to update Windows 10 on Nokia Lumia 1020?
From the Start screen, swipe left. Scroll to and tap Settings > Phone update > Check for updates. Follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the update. The device automatically restarts once the new software successfully installs.
How do I connect my Nokia Lumia 1020 to my PC?
– With the device powered on, insert the microUSB end of the microUSB cable into the port at the top of the device.
– Insert the USB end of the microUSB cable into an open port on the PC.
– On the computer, click Start.
– Click Computer.
– Open the newly connected device drive.
How do I make a video call on my Nokia phone?
Open up your contacts list from within your phone and find the person you wish to make a video call too and press on their phone contact card. This will open up the calling options available and it’s at the bottom of the page that you’ll see the option to Video call. Selecting this will proceed with the video call.
How do I turn on my Nokia Lumia 1020?
Turn your phone on and off – Nokia Lumia 1020 Press and hold On/Off until your phone is turned on. Key in your PIN and press enter. If your phone rejects the SIM: Contact your distributor or service provider where you bought your phone.
Nokia Lumia 1020 vs Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra Zoom Test #shorts
7 ancillary questions
How can I get pictures off my broken Nokia phone?
– Connect your broken/cracked phone to the PC via USB cable.
– AutoPlay window appears on PC.
– As the files from the broken phone appear on your computer screen, select, copy and paste the photos to your computer at another location.
How can I connect my Nokia Android phone to PC?
– Connect the smartphone to a computer using the supplied USB cable.
– Tap. USB tethering. to turn on. Allow several seconds for the computer to recognize the network connection.
– From the computer, open a web browser.
How do I transfer photos from my Nokia phone to my PC?
– Connect the data cable to the socket and to your computer’s USB port.
– Slide your finger downwards starting from the top of the screen.
– Press Tap for more options..
– Press Transfer files.
– Start a file manager on your computer.
– Go to the required folder in your computer’s or your phone’s file system.
How do I transfer photos from my Nokia Lumia 1020 to my computer?
Transfer files between computer and phone – Nokia Lumia 1020 Connect the data cable to the socket and to your computer’s USB port. Start a file manager on your computer. Go to the required folder in your computer’s or your phone’s file system. Highlight a file and move or copy it to the required location.
How can I get my old pictures from my old phone to my new phone?
– Install Google Photos on the old phone.
– Open Google Photos once installed.
– When the app asks for a backup account, select your Google Account.
– In the app, tap the three lines in the upper-left corner.
– Tap Settings.
– Tap Backup & sync.
– Tap Backup device folders.
– Enable all listed folders(apps)
How do I transfer photos from my Nokia phone to computer?
– Unlock your phone.
– With a USB cable, connect your phone to your computer.
– On your phone, tap the ‘Charging this device via USB’ notification.
– Under ‘Use USB for’, select File Transfer.
– A file transfer window will open on your computer.
How can I recover data from my broken Nokia phone?
– Connect Nokia Phone to PC. Take out the memory card from your Nokia phone and connect it with a card reader to the computer.
– Run Recoverit.
– Scan Nokia SD Card Data.
– Recover Deleted File from Nokia.