How to import your contacts on Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus
All the news on Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus in our articles.
How to import your contacts on Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus
We will see in this tutorial how import your contacts on your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus. Contacts are a very important feature of your smartphone.
This means that you may want to import them from another device to your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus, in order to make the most of the features offered by the contacts.
We will see how to import contacts on your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus from other device on the one hand, from your Google account in the ‘Cloud’ on the other hand, CSV files editable with a spreadsheet like Excel, and finally files in VCF format or VCard files.
Import your contacts from another device to your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus
To import contacts from another device, you must first store them in your SIM card or an SD card.
We invite you to refer to our tutorial on contact backups to do this.
Our other articles on Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus can help you.
Once this backup is completed, you will need to put the SIM or SD card in your new Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus.
Once done, go to the "Contacts" category of your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus.
In this menu, you can press the ‘Settings’ button at the bottom right of your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus.
An option ‘Import’ from the SIM card or Memory card will be available to you, press it depending on your backup mode.
Follow the on-screen instructions and your contacts will be imported to your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus.
Import your contacts from Google Cloud to your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus
This is a little known but very interesting option when you know how to import your contacts from the Cloud on your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus. To do this, go to the ‘Settings’ menu, accessible from the home screen of your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus, then in ‘Account and Synchronization’. Once there, click on your Google Account.
This opens a new window that will allow you to check the synchronizations of contacts, emails and calendars.
Choose what you want to activate.
Import your contacts from a CSV file to your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus
If your files are on a CSV file, then to import them on your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus, you’ll need to go through an import on your Gmail account.
Once in your Gmail account, click ‘Contacts’ above the Email Dial button.
Then click on ‘More Actions’ and finally ‘Import’. Choose the file from which you want to import your contacts, and validate.
Once finished, you can synchronize any Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus with your Gmail account as mentioned in the previous paragraph.
Import your contacts with a VCF file on your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus
A last option to import your contacts to your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plusis to use the VCF files.
This option will allow you, along with the CSV files, to share your contact lists from your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus as well. As in the first paragraph of this article, go to the ‘Import / Export’ section of the ‘Contacts’ folder of your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus.
From there, click ‘Import’ and choose the VCF format.
Once you have validated the operation and selected the source VCF file, you can import all your contacts to your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus.
Conversely, you can export contacts to make a backup on your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus.
How do I sync my contacts from one Samsung phone to another?
– 1 Head into your Contacts app.
– 2 Tap on.
– 3 Select Manage Contacts.
– 4 Tap on Sync Contacts.
– 5 Toggle on your Google Account. If your Google Account hasn’t been added to your phone tap on + Add account and enter in your Google account credientials.
– 6 Tap on Sync.
How do I save all my contacts to my phone?
– On your Android phone or tablet, open the “Settings” app.
– Tap Google. Settings for Google apps.
– Turn on Automatically back up & sync device contacts.
– Pick the account you’d like your contacts to be saved in.
Why didn’t my contacts transfer to my new Samsung phone?
Make sure Auto sync is turned on. Open Settings, and then tap Accounts and backup. Tap Manage Accounts, and then tap the switch next to Auto sync personal data at the bottom of the screen.
How do I Import contacts to a Samsung phone?
– Open your Contacts app and tap the menu icon.
– Tap ‘Manage contacts’
– Tap ‘Import or export contacts’
– Tap ‘Import’ to move files from a SIM card to your phone.
– Select ‘SIM card’
– Select the contacts you wish to import.
– Tap ‘Done’ then tap ‘Phone’
– Tap ‘Import’ to move your contacts.
Galaxy S22/S22+/Ultra: How to Import/Export Contacts From a SIM Card
8 related questions
How do I backup my contacts on my Samsung s20 Plus?
– First, go to ‘Settings’
– Tap on ‘Samsung Account’ and then tap on ‘Samsung Cloud’
– Tap on ‘Back up data’
– Select ‘Contacts’ and then tap on ‘Back up now’. Tap done.
How do I edit contacts on Samsung s20?
– 1 Go to ‘Phone app’, and tap ‘contacts’
– 2 Select contacts.
– 3 Tap details icon to view the contact.
– 4 Tap ‘Edit’ to modify the contact details.
– 5 Tap ‘Save’
Where is the best place to store contacts on Android?
To keep your contacts backed up and synced to all your devices, you can automatically save device contacts as Google contacts. Google contacts are available across Google services and can be managed on any signed-in device.
Does exporting contacts to SIM delete them?
No, importing or exporting contacts will not delete them from the source. The contacts are simply copied from source to destination without affecting the source contacts.
What is the difference between Import contacts and export contacts?
The general definition of import and export is to get something from outside and to move items from an internal source to an external source respectively. A similar concept applies to contacts as well. Importing contacts means getting contacts from a different source on your phone.
How do I manage contacts on Samsung S20?
– From a Home screen, swipe up from the center of the display to access the apps screen. These instructions only apply to Standard mode and the default Home screen layout.
– Tap. Contacts.
– Select a contact.
– Tap. Edit. (bottom).
– Edit any of following then tap. Save. :
How do I Import contacts into S20?
– Find “Import or export contacts”
– Copy contacts from your SIM to your phone.
– Copy contacts from your phone to your SIM.
– Return to the home screen.
How do I backup my contacts on my Galaxy S20?
– Go to ‘Settings’
– Tap ‘Samsung Account’
– Tap ‘Samsung Cloud’
– Tap ‘Back up data’
– Tap ‘Contacts’ to select.
– Tap ‘Back up now’
– Tap ‘Done’