How to copy and paste on HP Elite x3
All the news on HP Elite x3 in our articles.
How to copy and paste on HP Elite x3
Copy and paste on HP Elite x3 can dramatically reduce your working load, in particular by avoiding you to copy a text by hand.
Here we show you how to copy and paste with your HP Elite x3.
Here are the steps to copy and paste (or “copy-paste”) on your HP Elite x3.
- First, open a random text, whether it’s in chat history, on the web, or elsewhere.
- Press and hold down where you want to copy the text : your text will then be displayed with two blue quadrants below.
- Then drag one of the quadrants to select more or less text.
- After selecting any desired text, click on √.
- Then go to the position where you want to paste the text: press and hold down, the word “paste” will appear, then use your finger to click on “paste”.
- The effect is immediate: the text you just copied is displayed in this new area.
- That’s it: you can send or save this copied text.
Specific applications to help you copy and paste on HP Elite x3
If you encounter difficulties, or if you want additional options to copy and paste on HP Elite x3, there is another solution for you.
You can download a dedicated copy-paste application.
Many applications will make it easy for you to copy and paste on your HP Elite x3
Our other articles on HP Elite x3 can help you.
In particular, we recommend the following applications.
- Quick Copy, this application will allow you to make a quick copy and paste and then share it easily.
- Copy Text On Screen, very useful for OCR (character recognition technique) on your HP Elite x3, in the case of texts in pictures.
- Copy paste Clipboard Manager, the application reduces the number of steps required to copy and paste.
Many other applications, both free and paid, are available on the Store. Do not hesitate to look at the comments and ratings to get an opinion before downloading them.
Universal Copy if copy and paste is blocked on HP Elite x3
Let’s make a specific point on blocked copy and paste by certain applications. When using your HP Elite x3, you may come across a situation where you want to copy certain text from certain apps.
But due to the limitations of some apps, you may be unable to select or copy the text.
This can be really frustrating.
The Universal Copy app is a great tool to solve this problem! It is a free HP Elite x3 clipboard enhancement tool that can break the limits of those apps.
It will allow you to easily copy unselectable texts on your phone.
By using it you can greatly improve the text copying capability of your phone and you will never have to worry about text that you cannot copy to from your HP Elite x3.
Universal Copy takes advantage of Android’s built-in permissions and accessibility features to enhance your phone’s ability to copy any text, even if the app itself doesn’t allow you to select it.
There are no complicated settings, only “On” and “Off”, it’s very easy to use.
Once the application is launched, you can enter the “Global Copy” mode simply by using the notification bar.
To unlock the restrictions of apps that don’t let you copy text, just tap and hold the text you want to copy.
And, in addition to copying entire paragraphs of text, Universal Copy also allows you to copy more than one selection of a text at a time.
So just click on a few paragraphs of a text to copy them (they will be covered with a gray shadow when clicked on), then click on the Copy button, and they will all be copied! This is very useful and effective in cases where there are multiple copies to be made in the application interface.
As Universal Copy is made possible by the accessibility feature built into your HP Elite x3 (similar to reading text on the screen), Universal Copy does not require rooting privileges and does not modify the system in any way, which makes the app very safe.
However, Universal Copy is not an OCR text recognition software, so it cannot help you copy text to images.
Instead, you can use Copy Text On Screen for OCR.
In summary about Universal Copy
Universal Copy can greatly improve the text copying capability of your Android phone, so if you often come across apps that you want to copy text from, but can’t, this tool will definitely benefit you!
In addition, according to the recommendations of some users, “Universal Copy” is even more convenient when used with applications such as Scan or Clipboard applications. In short, with Universal Copy on your HP Elite x3, you never have to worry about getting the text you want again.
However, always pay attention to possible copyright and proprietary rights before copying a text from your HP Elite x3. Make sure you always have the right to do so.
Some elements on copy and paste
Cut, copy and paste are all functions which communicate between your applications and the clipboard of the operating system of your HP Elite x3. You can copy and move files and parts of objects (text, images, sound, etc.). From the user’s point of view, it is these three functions that it is necessary to master:
- Cut: places the selected fragment on the clipboard and simultaneously removes it from the document.
- Copy: places a fragment in the clipboard of your HP Elite x3, leaving the document unchanged.
- Paste: inserts a fragment currently in the clipboard into the current document.
The second command – “copy” – is usually visually invisible: nothing happens on the screen when you trigger it on your HP Elite x3.
The time required for the operation depends on the size of the image or text fragment being manipulated.
To summarize on copy and paste from your HP Elite x3
You may often need to cut, copy and paste.
Cutting moves the source to the destination, Copy keeps the source intact, makes a copy, and moves it to the destination.
Paste will paste the cut or copied element to the destination: the source will keep the element if it’s a copy only.
We hope we have helped you through this article to copy-paste with peace of mind on HP Elite x3.