How to change PIN code on Google Pixel
All the news on Google Pixel in our articles.
How to change your PIN code on your Google Pixel
You may want to change the PIN code on your Google Pixel for several reasons.
Security is often the point raised when one wants to change the PIN code of a device.
We will see here how to change its PIN code on Google Pixel, we will then see how to disable the PIN code on your Google Pixel and finally we will conclude on security issues related to PIN code.
Since the PIN code is linked to the SIM card of your Google Pixel, we assume in this tutorial that your SIM card has been installed in the device.
How to change the PIN on your Google Pixel
Changing the PIN code on your Google Pixel is pretty simple, you just need to know how to do it.
Our other articles on Google Pixel can help you.
First make sure the SIM card is in your Google Pixel, then go to the ‘Settings’ menu of your smartphone, available on the home screen.
Then select ‘Security’ and then ‘Set up SIM card lock’. From there, you can change the SIM code of your Google Pixel. In the case of a configuration with two SIM cards on your Google Pixel, you will be able to configure two different PIN codes, each one corresponding to a given SIM card.
However, this procedure requires you to know the current SIM code in order to go to the ‘Settings’ menu as described.
If you do not know your SIM code, get closer to someone who knows it, as you may be blocking your phone after three attempts.
We strongly advise you to contact an expert to change the PIN code of your Google Pixel in this case.
How to disable the PIN of your Google Pixel
You may just want to disable the PIN of your Google Pixel. To do this, simply click the ‘Lock SIM card’ option in the ‘Security’ menu and then ‘Configure SIM blocking’ as described in the previous paragraph. Once this option is unchecked, you will have disabled the PIN of your Google Pixel. We do not recommend disabling the PIN code unless you are sure what you are doing.
Indeed, we will see in the following paragraph that a PIN code can be great for the security of your Google Pixel.
Security questions about changing your PIN on your Google Pixel
The PIN code is a great protection for your Google Pixel and its SIM card.
In fact, in the event of theft, loss or simply lending your mobile, it is protected against malicious people.
Without the code, they will not be able to access the menus of your Google Pixel if it has been locked.
We recommend changing your Google Pixel PIN code often for maximum security.
Be careful not to forget it however, or you might need to activate your smartphone via your PUK code.
How do I change my PIN in pixel 3?
– Slide two fingers downwards starting from the top of the screen.
– Press the settings icon.
– Press Security & location.
– Press Advanced.
– Press SIM card lock.
– Press Change SIM PIN.
– Key in your current PIN and press OK.
– Key in a new four-digit PIN and press OK.
How do I change my PIN on my pixel phone?
– Tap. Change SIM PIN.
– Enter the current SIM PIN then tap. OK. The default SIM PIN is 1111.
– Enter the new SIM PIN then tap. OK.
– Re-enter the new SIM PIN then tap. OK.
How to Change PIN on Google Pixel 6 Pro Android 12
7 ancillary questions
How do I change my screen lock PIN on my phone?
– Open Settings.
– Tap Security (on Alcatel and Samsung phones, tap Lock Screen)
– Tap Screen Lock. Note: If prompted, enter your current password, PIN, or pattern.
– Choose your screen lock preference: none, swipe, password, PIN, or pattern.
– Tap Done.
What is my 4 digit PIN number?
Look for the 4-digit code printed on the front of your card just above and to the right of your main credit card number. This 4-digit code is your Card Security Code.
How do I reset my Samsung lock screen PIN?
Enter a wrong lock password or pattern 5 times > Tap Forgot Pattern when it appears on the screen. Step 2. Enter your Backup PIN or Google Account. If you choose to enter Backup PIN, just tap OK.
How do I find my PIN number for my phone?
To find this feature, first enter an incorrect pattern or PIN five times at the lock screen. You’ll see a “Forgot pattern,” “forgot PIN,” or “forgot password” button appear. Tap it. You’ll be prompted to enter the username and password of the Google account associated with your Android device.
How do I change the PIN on my Samsung phone?
– 1 Launch the Settings app > Lock Screen.
– 2 Select Screen lock type.
– 3 Enter in your security PIN, Pattern or Password.
– 4 Then choose your new Screen Lock Type.
– 5 Enter and reconfirm your new lock screen passcode.
What is pixel default PIN?
The default PIN is 0000. If an incorrect PIN is entered three times in a row, your SIM will be blocked. To unblock your SIM, you’ll need to key in your PUK.
How do I reset my Google pixel PIN?
– Go to the Android Device Manager from a computer.
– Find your Pixel and Pixel XL on the screen.
– Enable “Lock & Erase” feature.
– Then follow the given steps on the page to lock your phone.
– Set a temporary password.
– Enter the temporary password on your Pixel and Pixel XL.
– Create a new password.